The Smart Drive was developed to meet our customers needs of minimizing downtime, and improving performance of their top drives.
The system utilizes the latest technology to provide managers, operators, and maintenance personnel various methods to perform their jobs easier.
Canadian Global builds replacement drives for the ECI900, ECI1350, EXI, and EMI model top drives. These are the most advanced drives in the market today.
To Minimize Downtime
- Remote access PLC and HMI’s to provide troubleshooting and resolve issues from a remote location.
- Canadian Global monitors the health of your system 24/7, and provides notification of any alarms or events as they happen live.
- Drive building HMI for detailed system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Rig floor HMI for advanced top drive control, as well as system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Software is always recording actual rotating hours, operating days to provide accurate maintenance intervals
- Weekly reports on actual top drive rotating hours and operating days
- Live emailed reports on alarms, errors in system.
- Power quality monitoring system
- Provides over/under frequency and voltage spikes protection
- Redundant A/C units to ensure you never have downtime
- Added sensors on top drive, and drive building for flow, pressure, and temps
Smart Drive Versions
Canadian Global currently has 2 versions of the Smart Drive.
- Vacon NXP high speed drive for ECI900/ECI1350 top drives.
- ABB ACS800 for EXI, EMI top drives.
The Vacon drive is the best AC drive on the market to provide a suitable, highly reliable replacement for the older version drives for the ECI900/ECI1350 top drives.
- One button startup sequence
- 4 quadrant drives provide constant control of the quill. No more uncontrolled backspins at any time.
- Air cooled system eliminates condensation issues.
- Easy to load and ship fully enclosed sea container design, that is fully customizable as per customer’s needs.